Baccalaureate (B.S) degree from an accredited institution in an approved engineering or STEM discipline 

Students interested in pursuing any of the concentrations in the MENG degree program at UConn must apply to the UConn Graduate School 

If you have any questions, please contact and we’ll be more than happy to help guide you through the process. 

Master of Engineering (MENG) & Certificate Deadlines

Summer Semester, April 20
Fall Semester, July 15
Spring Semester, December 1


A typical applicant will have the following minimum qualifications: 

  • Note: If your baccalaureate degree is not within engineering, please contact the Center for Advanced Engineering Education office at for further assessment 
  • A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better for the entire undergraduate record or 
  • A grade-point average of 3.0 for your last two undergraduate years 
  • Four semesters of Advanced Mathematics to include Calculus I and Calculus II along with two semesters of other advanced math topics such as:  
  • Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, Multivariable Calculus or comparable 
  • Check the MENG concentration of interest 'Plan of Study' page as admission requirements will vary by department  
  • If you are applying for the Master of Engineering in Data Sciences, please see the specific admission requirements.

NOTE: The Center for Advanced Engineering Education Master of Engineering (MENG) program does not offer Graduate Assistantships. 

Application Requirements 

The MENG program DOES NOT require GRE test scores for admission.  

ApplicationApply to the UConn Graduate School 


Intended program MENG UConn College of Engineering



  • Select Masters in the Level of Study
  • Select Engineering as your "Academic Area" 
  • Select Engineering MENG as 'Program" and 
  • Select your "Concentration" 
  • If you are applying for the MENG in Data Science or MENG in Advanced Systems Engineering London study abroad option, select “Study Abroad” for the “Enrollment Cohort" 




Transcripts – Upload within application 

  • You are required to upload all copies of academic credentials for each college/university that you list 

International applicants Only 

Official documents are only required to be sent if you are admitted to the program and accept the offer of admission. However, due to mailing /processing times, we recommend mailing official documents when you submit your application 

Please mail transcripts to:
University of Connecticut
Graduate School
438 Whitney Road Ext., Unit 1152
Storrs, CT 06269 

Resume - Upload within application 

Personal Statement - Upload within application 

  • Provide a paragraph or two about your background, interest, your career goals and how the graduate degree will help you achieve them 

Two (2) Letters of Recommendation - Online submission procedure within application process 

  • Letters should be from faculty at a previous institution and/or current supervisor or manager 
  • Applicants pursuing the Clinical Engineering concentration please note, this concentration requires one of the two references to be from a clinical engineering supervisor or director 

Note: Use your recommender's institutional or corporate e-mail address  

Proof of English Proficiency (international applicants only) 

re: COVID-19 - To assist students who aren’t able to go to a testing center, The Graduate School has begun to accept the Duolingo English Test as evidence of English proficiency. Any applicant with access to a computer and a webcam can take the test. 

Pay application fee of $75 

  • Must be paid online with a credit card 

In addition to the above, applicants must also satisfy all Graduate School Admission Requirements 

Checking the Status of Your Application

To check the status of your application at any point, please refer to the Status Checking page 

If your application is denied, or if you wish to begin the program as a non-degree student for another reason, you may apply as a non-degree student. Participating as a non-degree graduate student allows you to take up to four courses while you prepare for admission to a Master of Engineering program. If you receive a grade of “B” or better in courses taken as a non-degree student, you may choose to apply to the Master of Engineering program and transfer those courses in.

Ready to Apply?  

Get Started on Your Application.