In response to an increasing need for the training and development of workforce in formal composites education, companies are looking to fill positions with qualified candidates trained in composites engineering.
The fully online program with synchronous and asynchronous coursework is focused on fundamentals combined with practical skills and hands-on exercises to help you reinforce your career.
The Composites Engineering Certificate will allow you to:
- Predict the deformation response of composite materials using micromechanics and classical lamination plate theory (CLPT).
- Evaluate various construction methods (laminated, sandwich, skin and stringer, 3D fabric architectures) and select the appropriate method for a given application.
- Characterize composite constituent properties and structural behavior and correlate these properties to design analysis.
- Select a material set, process method, and tooling approach for a given application and identify key process inputs and outputs to create a monitoring plan to ensure part quality.
- All students apply and are admitted to the UConn Graduate School. Credits earned within the certificate can be applied towards a Master of Engineering (MENG). Please contact the Center for Advanced Engineering Education Office for additional information about the certificate-to-MENG Plan of Study at email@example.com
This current MENG concentration is not eligible for UConn visa sponsorship. Please contact ISSS for more information regarding programs that allow UConn visa sponsorship at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more by visiting the Composites Engineering Certificate Plan of Study.
**The program runs on a cohort basis. For more information contact CAEE – email@example.com