Achieve a depth of knowledge in systems engineering practices and methods to contribute to and expand your company’s systems engineering expertise and capabilities. The Graduate Certificate comprises 4 courses (12 credits) and can be completed in 1 to 2 years of part-time enrollment. Four to six courses are offered every fall and spring semester in our fully online format that allows completion of the certificate quickly, from anywhere in the world.
Graduate Certificate Program Objectives
- Engineers and technical managers learn how systems engineering practices, processes, and methods can be applied to the design of cyber-physical systems.
- Graduates see the “big picture” of systems engineering from an organizational and process viewpoint and can apply basic design methodologies of systems engineering to cyber-physical systems.
- Students engage in a multidisciplinary environment that promotes experientially-based development of expertise in model-based systems engineering.
Select 4 Courses
Group 1 Introductory – Select 1 Course Minimum (3 Credits)
- SE 5000 Introduction to Systems Engineering
- SE 5001 Model-Based Systems Engineering
- SE 5095 Systems Engineering Management
Group 2 Modeling – Select 1 Course Minimum (3 Credits)
- SE 5101 Foundations of Physical Systems Modeling
- SE 5201 Embedded/Networked Systems Modeling Abstractions
- SE 5095 Model-Based Design for Real Time Cyber-Physical Systems
Group 3 Concentration – Select 1 Course Minimum (3 Credits)
- SE 5102 Uncertainty Analysis, Robust Design, and Optimization
- SE 5202 Foundations of Control
- SE 5302 Formal Methods
- SE 5402 Architecture of IoT
- SE 5502 Capstone Project in Systems Engineering
- SE 5602 Machine Learning for Physical Sciences and Systems
- SE 5702 Data Science for Materials and Manufacturing
Select the remaining 4th course from any of the three categories. The capstone project design course will provide an opportunity for students to implement and reinforce the learning from the previous courses to a real-world problem. The Graduate Certificate in Systems Engineering is awarded upon successful completion of all four courses.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the Advanced Systems Engineering Certificate pathway to the Advanced Systems Engineering MENG degree.