Certificate Requirements: 4 technical core courses
Technical Core Course Choices (12 credits)
- CE 5380 - Bridge Structures
- Common types of bridges; AASHTO bridge loads; design of composite plate girders; fatigue; design of bridge substructure; design project.
- CE 5383 - Design of Bridges for Extreme Events
- Highway bridges; AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications; seismic design; force-based and displacement-based design methods; vessel collision, truck collision, and ice loading. Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or relevant work experience is required for this course.
- CE 5384 - Accelerated Bridge Construction
- Common ABC methods and technologies; prefabricated bridge elements; bridge systems including Self-Propelled Modular Transporters (SPMTs) and Lateral Slide Bridge Construction; construction methods and planning.
- CE 5640 - Prestressed Concrete Structures
- Analysis, design, and behavior of pretensioned and post-tensioned concrete; simple and continuous span structures; time dependent behavior; review of design specifications.
Please contact email@example.com for more information on the Bridge Engineering Certificate pathway to the Civil Engineering MENG degree.